Agape House-Eastman Crisis Centre Inc. is currently hiring a flexible, self-starter to fill the role of Non-Residential/Follow-up Counsellor. Reporting to the Executive Director or designate, the Counsellor-Advocate I (CAI) is responsible for the efficient delivery of non-residential and follow-up programs and services to individuals who are victims of family and domestic violence including the delivery of our Interim Housing program. Counsellor Advocates at this level are responsible for the provision of professional services designed to provide women and their children with the opportunity to become independent, to regain a balanced perspective on their lives, and to begin planning for their future. This is to be done on a voluntary and confidential basis. The successful candidate will have a strong understanding of clinical and social services.
- Responsible for ensuring structured intake documentation and case management of non-residential, follow-up and interim housing clients including:
- Goals and objectives
- Assessment of support network
- Assessment of safety plan/issues
- Other concerns including children, legal, financial challenges, educational needs, advocacy needs, and other relevant issues
- Providing adequate information and options available to women upon departure from shelter and ensure appropriate referrals to community resources.
- Facilitates the development of a personal plan for each client which contains established goals and has identified steps to meet these goals.
- Responsible to book and manage appointments with clients.
- Facilitation of group programming to be offered to all clients
- Responsible for the overall maintenance and management of Interim Housing units and program
- All other responsibilities as assigned by the Executive Director.
- The full job description can be found here.
This full-time position will be a daytime position but may include evening, weekend, and the occasional midnight shift work, as per the requirements of the shelter and shelter clients, and in consideration of employee vacation, holiday, and sick day relief/coverage. Full-time staff of Agape House qualify for a comprehensive benefits package, including dental, medical, eye care, long-term disability and employee assistance program, for which the employee is responsible for 50% of the premiums cost. Benefits are available after six months of full-time employment are completed.
Interested applicants are encouraged to apply in writing by October 18th at noon with cover letter and salary expectations to the attention:
Tracy Whitby, Executive Director – Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity with Agape House-Eastman Crisis Centre. Agape House wishes to thank all candidates for their interest, but only those considered for an interview will be contacted.