EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATOR (ECE II OR ECE III)-Grant funded term
Agape House-Eastman Crisis Centre, Inc. is seeking a flexible, self-starter to fill the role of full-time term ECE and/or two part-time term ECE’s. The position will be flexible for a candidate seeking to coordinate with an existing part time position.
An understanding of the issues of violence against women would be an asset. If you have a passion for helping others and believe that people should be able to live life free of violence this opportunity may be what you are looking for.
Reporting to the Executive Director or designate, the Early Childhood Educator (ECE II or III) is responsible to provide children the opportunity to learn, grow and develop in a safe, nurturing play based setting. The ECE will act as a support to women in the service delivery of Agape House. Children accompanying their mother at Agape House may range in age from infants to age 17. The focus of this position will be children under the age of 10. Responsibilities are carried out in accordance with the mission, philosophy, goals and standards of Agape House Inc., Standards Manuals for Women’s Shelters and the Service Purchase Agreement. The grant end date is currently March 31, 2020 with a possibility that grant funding may be extended.
- ECE level II or III.
- Knowledge of children’s development and the impact of family
violence on children.
- Experience working with children in a residential or day care
- Past experience in parent child programs would be an asset.
- Cross Cultural Awareness.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with children of all
- Ability to act in both an educational and supportive role with
children and their caregivers.
- Flexible to meet the needs of a 24-hour care facility.
- Satisfactory Child & Adult Abuse Registry and Criminal Record
Hours of work will be negotiable.
Interested applicants are encouraged to apply in writing by December 17th at noon with cover letter and salary expectations to the attention:
Tracy Whitby, Executive Director – Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity with Agape House-Eastman Crisis Centre. Agape House wishes to thank all candidates for their interest, but only those considered for an interview will be contacted.