ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT – PART TIME/TERM
Agape House-Eastman Crisis Centre Inc. is currently hiring a flexible, self-starter to fill the role of Administrative Assistant. Reporting to the Executive Director, the Administrative Assistant will assume the administrative and entry level financial duties for Agape House-Eastman Crisis Centre Inc. The Administrative Assistant will have a background in both administration and social services.
– Answer and screen telephone calls by identifying, defining, and prioritizing presented problems and making decisions according to the needs of the caller, and documenting calls as necessary.
– Pick up daily mail, record all incoming and outgoing mail, and distribute mail as required.
– Design and prepare forms, internal memos, and public relations information as required.
– Record, transcribe and post approved minutes of meetings.
– Assist in the planning and preparation of the Annual General Meeting.
– Provide funding administration support: i.e., per diem reporting.
– Prepare all client billings and reconcile all cheques received regarding client billings.
– Balance and maintain petty cash; prepare and perform bank deposits.
– Reconcile monthly bank statements, and promptly inform the Executive Director of all concerns.
– Prepare financial reports for Executive Director’s review, and for board meetings.
– Monitor appropriate care and maintenance of shelter vehicle.
– Adaptability: Demonstrate a willingness to be flexible in a changing work environment while maintaining effectiveness and efficiency.
– Behave Ethically: Understand ethical behaviour and business practices and ensure that own behaviour and the behaviour of others is consistent with these standards and aligns with the values of the organization.
– Foster Teamwork: Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals and resolve problems.
– Organize: Set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track details.
– Proof of vaccination or willingness to undergo regular testing
– Demonstration of commitment to our core values which are: respect, compassion, confidentiality, integrity.
Hours of Work and details of term:
This position is a term and will end on March 31, 2023.
This part-time role is a daytime position (8:30am – 4:30pm) working Monday, Wednesday and Friday with the ability to adjust hours on occasion. Hours of work be a .6 position (48 hours every bi-weekly pay period – part-time).
Interested applicants are encouraged to apply by January 7, 2022, with:
• Cover letter
• Salary expectations
• Answer to these 2 questions:
1. What do you do to contribute to a healthy, positive work culture?
2. Please describe your understanding of the work Agape House does, and how the Administrative Assistant helps us achieve this mandate?
To the attention of: Tracy Whitby, email@example.com