COMMUNITY COUNSELLOR ADVOCATE – FULL TIME
Agape House-Eastman Crisis Centre Inc. is currently hiring an outgoing, self-starter to fill the role of Community Counsellor Advocate. Reporting to the Executive Director, the Counsellor-Advocate I (CAI) is responsible for the delivery of Outreach Programming and Services to individuals & organizations in Southern Manitoba.
– Provide public education and awareness on Family Violence and its effect to the Southeast Manitoba region. This will be accomplished via public presentations, lunch and learns, special events, and social media.
– Create and lead fundraising and public awareness campaigns and events on important dates/months, etc. International Women’s Day, Domestic Violence Awareness month, and more.
– Work with collateral agencies to provide information regarding shelter services and build collaborative relationships to serve our shared participants.
– Provide counselling and advocacy to individuals within the region who are prohibited from transporting themselves to Steinbach.
– Facilitate evening programming to in-house clients, with special consideration and focus applied to serve the large proportion of Indigenous clients serviced by Agape House.
– Facilitation of group programming to be offered to all clients.
– Responsible to book and manage appointments.
– Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks on a daily basis
– Excellent verbal and written skills
– Enjoys speaking with people
– Strong computer/technology skills and aptitude to learn new programs quickly
– Personable and friendly, fun and grounded
– Exceptional contributor to a team environment
– Self-motivated and able to work independently
– Strong time and organizational skills
– Proof of vaccination or willingness to undergo regular testing
Hours of Work:
This is a daytime position. Hours of work will be .9 (nine shifts every bi-weekly pay period – full-time). As with all shelter positions, flexibility will be required should coverage be needed at other times of the day to assist with events, meetings, emergency circumstances, etc.
Full-time staff of Agape House qualify for a comprehensive benefits package, including dental, medical, eye care, long-term disability and employee assistance program, for which the employee is responsible for 50% of the premiums cost. Benefits are available after six months of full-time employment are completed.
Interested applicants are encouraged to apply by December 29, 2021, with:
• Cover letter
• An answer to these two questions:
1. What do you do to contribute to a healthy, positive work culture?
2. Please describe your understanding of the work Agape House does, and how the Community Counsellor Advocate helps us achieve this mandate?
to the attention:
Tracy Whitby, Executive Director – Email: email@example.com