ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (ONE YEAR TERM) – FULL TIME UNTIL DEC 31, 2020 TO TRANSISTION TO 3 DAYS PER WK
Posted: October 14, 2020
Agape House-Eastman Crisis Centre Inc. is currently hiring a flexible, self-starter to fill the role of Term Administrative Assistant. Reporting to the Executive Director, the Administrative Assistant will assume the administrative and entry level financial duties for Agape House-Eastman Crisis Centre Inc. The Administrative Assistant will have a background in both administration and social services. This part-time term role is a daytime position with the ability to adjust hours on occasion. This position is part of a pilot project, as such may include evolving duties.
Hours of Work and details of term:
Hours of work be a full-time, Monday – Friday until December 31st, 2020 then will transition to a .6 position (48 hours every bi-weekly pay period – part-time). As with all shelter positions, flexibility is required for this position should you be needed at other times of the day to assist with events, meetings, etc. The term will commence early November 2020 and will end October 2021 or with 2 weeks notice of end of term, which ever is sooner.
DUTIES OF EMPLOYMENT
- Maintain good working relationships with all employees of the Eastman Crisis Centre and outside agencies while maintaining the confidentiality of the Executive Director’s office
- Refer to and follow policies and procedures outlined in the Shelter Manual, Board Manual, CUPE Agreement, and abide by the shelter’s Confidentiality Agreement at all times
- Maintain professional relationship with Board members, outside agencies and groups
- Answer and screen telephone calls by identifying, defining and prioritizing presented problems and making decisions according to the needs of the caller, and documenting calls as necessary
- Maintain a well-organized work area
- Pick up daily mail, record all incoming and outgoing mail, and distribute mail as required
- Maintain filing system for invoices, receipts, bank statements, etc.
- Design and prepare forms, internal memos, and public relations information as required
- Record, transcribe and post approved minutes of meetings
- Admin support in the creation of Standard Operating Procedures
- Assist in the planning and preparation of the Annual General Meeting
- Provide funding administration support: i.e., per diem reporting
- Prepare correspondence for Executive Director and Program Supervisor as requested
- Prepare all client billings and reconcile all cheques received regarding client billings
- Balance and maintain petty cash; prepare and perform bank deposits
- Review and enter coded invoices and prepare cheques for approval by the Executive Director
- Reconcile monthly bank statements, and promptly inform the Executive Director of all concerns
- Prepare financial reports for Executive Director’s review, and for board meetings
- Maintain employee payroll records in Payworks
- Inform Executive Director of any irregularities and/or concerns regarding the financial situation of the organization and support financial reporting requirements of the funder
- Ensure all documentation is kept up to date in accordance with Revenue Canada guidelines
- Ensure back-up documents exist for all reports
- Practice procedures that ensure safe storage and easy access to all financial documents
- Seek operational efficiencies wherever possible and inform Executive Director of any noted concerns
- Monitor appropriate care and maintenance of shelter vehicle
- Relieve phones and cover for meal breaks as required, taking phone messages or referring/transferring callers to appropriate staff member
- Support the Executive Director to plan, set-up and prepare for staff meetings, special meetings and the AGM
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director or designated supervisor
- Organizes workload and demonstrate effective time management
- Participates as a responsible team member by communicating and providing support where required
- Actively participates in team and staff meetings
- Maintains clear, direct and respectful communication with team members, co-workers, director and board
- Adheres to agency policy and procedures, including for conflict resolution and maintenance of a respectful workplace
- Is flexible to meet the demands of the job and agency, including availability under exceptional circumstances
- Maintains healthy, open communication with Executive Director
- Brings matters of concern to the attention of the Executive Director
- Adaptability: Demonstrate a willingness to be flexible, versatile and/or tolerant in a changing work environment while maintaining effectiveness and efficiency.
- Ethical Conduct: Understand ethical behaviour and business practices, and ensure that own behaviour and the behaviour of others is consistent with these standards and aligns with the values of the organization.
- Strong Interpersonal Skills: Establish and maintain positive working relationships with others, both internally and externally, to achieve the goals of the organization.
- Works Well Under Pressure: Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness in intense or crisis situations.
- Organized: Set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track details, data, information and activities
If this challenging position excites you and you have what it takes to successfully deliver the administrative and bookkeeping functions of Agape House, we would love you hear from you. Please submit a cover letter including your salary expectations and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by October 21st, 2020 at 4:00pm. We thank all for their interest in this position however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Interested applicants are encouraged to contact Tracy with any questions or concerns. Thank you for your interest in this opportunity with Agape House-Eastman Crisis Centre Inc.