As a non-profit organization, we rely solely on the generous donations from our community in order to grow and serve the clients of Agape House. Donations of all amounts are welcomed and appreciated.
Third Party Fundraising
We are so thankful for creative and innovative community members who host third-party fundraising initiatives on our behalf. These events not only help spread awareness about our organization, but also have such a valuable impact financially on Agape House. At your next school, community or corporate fundraiser, consider raising funds for Agape House.
Our Wish List
If you wish to provide an item donation, here is a list of items we are currently seeking. These items will go directly to the clients of Agape House.
- Gifts for teen girls and boys (new)
- Mops and wring out pails (new)
- Canister or upright vacuum
- NEW toiletries and feminine supplies
- Alarm clocks
- Easily washable sheet sets, bedspreads and duvets
- NEW bed pillows
- Laundry hampers
- Bathroom towels, mats, washcloths
- School and art/craft supplies
- Washable baby bibs
- Girls tops (3-6x)
- Girls bottoms (14-18)
- Boys tops (8-12, 14-18)
- Boys bottoms (3-6x, 8- 12, 14-18)
- Slippers, crocs and flip flops for women and children
- Women’s coats and jackets
- Women’s boots, shoes, wallets & purses
- Women’s children’s underwear – NEW only
- Non-perishable food items
- Gift certificates for groceries
- Hair brushes, hair accessories
- Razors, body lotion, deodorant, hair color, nail polish and nail care sets
- Toothbrushes, tooth paste, dental floss
- Used or new books, movies or games
- Nail care (clippers, polish, files )
- Gift certificates for hair cuts – women & children
- Scarves, purses, belts, accessory items
- Office supplies – pens, printer paper, tape, stamps; etc
If you’re interested in giving back to your community and being a part of a great team that makes a difference, we’d love to welcome you as a volunteer.
Are you interested in joining our Board of Directors?
Agape House is seeking individuals from the Eastman Region who are interested in serving on our volunteer Board of Directors. The Board of Directors is a governance board which meets once a month in Steinbach. Progressive and committed to demonstrating all aspects of diversity, the Board is currently seeking socially conscious individuals with a passion for event planning, building community relationships, marketing and raising social awareness through various methods. Additional non-profit, governance, and union experience is considered an asset however not mandatory. We are open to all candidates who are willing to dedicate their time. If interested, we welcome you to join our critical work supporting survivors of abuse.
Requirements of board membership include:
- Commitment to the work of the organization – must know the vision, mission and mandate of the organization
- Understanding and support of the governance model
- Willingness to serve on at least one (1) committee
- Attendance at monthly meetings
- Attendance at the Annual General Meeting in September
- Attendance at any other general meetings called
- Support of and participation in any fundraising events
Donate a car
Did you know that you can graciously donate a car to support Agape House? Follow the link below to see if your vehicle would be eligible for donation. via. donatecar.ca