How we can help
Our main mission is to provide our clients with a safe place to grow. Regardless of where you are in your journey, we can provide you with the resources, support and the safety you and your children need. You can rest assured that every conversation and interaction is confidential and that our clients are always treated with the utmost dignity and respect.
- Support 24/7 – Women’s abuse shelter which operates 24 hours per day, 7 days per week, providing a safe place for women and their children in times of crisis – all services are provided at no cost.
- 24-Hour Crisis Line – We operate a 24-hour, toll-free regional crisis line which offers crisis counselling and referrals to appropriate resources. Reach us toll free at (877) 977-0007 or on our local crisis line at (204) 346-0028.
- In-Take Client Services – For residential clients – which are those that stay in the shelter – we offer crisis and ongoing counselling, assistance with medical, legal, and social services, and the basic daily provisions: food, clothing and personal hygiene items at no cost.
- Community Support – We run support groups for women on various topics, including dealing with abuse, parenting support, and self- esteem (residential and non-residential.)
- Counselling & Care – Non-residential services are for women who may not have a need to stay in shelter – they can access free counselling services and supports for a variety of issues.
- Outreach Program – Our outreach program provides services such as counselling, information, referrals, and support groups to women and youth in our catchment area – outreach also promotes general awareness of our shelter, along with its services and programs.
- Transition Homes – We have two interim housing units which are in place to help women make the transition toward independent living, while allowing for access to support services.
- Educational Services – We offer no-cost public education workshops, presentations and services in our region, while promoting general awareness of our shelter services and programs, and of domestic violence issues.
We work proactively with all other agencies in the South Eastman region, Winnipeg and within the Province of Manitoba to address issues of domestic violence and abuse.